Congratulations to the 2016 Teacher Grant recipients! We awarded $50,000 to teachers throughout RBUSD.
RBEF will be accepting applications for teacher grants for the 2017-2018 school year next fall. We hope that you consider applying.
Who Can Apply?
All certified personnel in the RBUSD can apply for an Innovative Teacher Mini-Grant. Proposals can be submitted by individual teachers, teams of teachers, or certificated district personnel serving K-12 students in RBUSD.
Download the Mini Grant Application Forms
Submission deadline is 5PM, November 10, 2017.
What is considered innovative?
In support of RBUSD's "From Kinder to College" initiative, RBEF will be funding grants for teachers with innovative plans for helping students become college ready. Grants should focus on new and creative approaches or programs for engaging students in college-going cultural experiences and integrating college readiness teaching and learning into the classroom. If your idea is focused on college readiness, has a meaningful and measurable outcome, enhances core curriculum, and benefits a large number of students (grade or subject level grants encouraged), your ideas would probably qualify. Send in an application and let us help you maximize your students' potential.
Download exemplary grant applications from previous years
To make sure that the teacher mini grants are distributed fairly, a Grant Review Committee (made up of four or more educators, volunteers, and RBEF Board Members) will independently evaluate each application. Grant content will be measured against 100 criteria points and scores will be averaged across all reviewers. Equity of distribution across schools will be a consideration. Mini-grants will go to the most compelling and clearly defined projects.
The application itself is simple and straightforward. Applicants are encouraged to take care to complete the application completely and clearly. Applications missing information will not be considered, so please make sure to submit all required content and signatures.
Download the Grant Reviewer Score Sheet
What are the Timelines for the Application?
November 10, 2017
No later than 5:00pm
December 18, 2017
Grant recipients will be notified regarding selection.
May 25, 2018
In the 2014-2015 school year, RBEF awarded $50,000 to RBUSD to fund the following teacher grants:
- USS Iowa Battleship Field Trip
- Orange County National College Fair
- Digital Books to Enhance Research Projects
- Vernier Probeware for Biology Classes
- Spanish Language Mini-Novels
- Clinical Lab Supplies for Physiology
- Middle School Drumline Expansion Project
- Dual Language Vocabulary Building Software
- STEM Field Trip and Supplies for Lesson
- Music Stands
- Multi-Sensory Reading Intervention Program
- College Campus Field Trips for Students with Special Needs
- Light Board for Theatrical Events
- WEB-Coordinator Training
In the 2013-2014 school year, RBEF awarded $50,000 to RBUSD to fund the following teacher grants:
- Chinese Field Trip to 99 Ranch Market (RUHS)
- Classroom Response Clickers (RUHS AP European History)
- Up & Running: Science Lab for Special Education (RUHS)
- Stand Up for College: Instrumental Music (All Elementary Schools)
- Handwriting Without Tears (Lincoln)
- Nonfiction Reading Promotes Students Success (Tulita)
- Orange County National College Fair (RUHS)
- A Lifetime of Literacy: Making Reading a Reality (Lincoln)
- Expanding Band & Dance through Mentorship (RUHS)
- VErnier LabQuest Interfaces & Physics Probeware & Sensors (RUHS)
- LabQuest 2 Interfaces for Geoscience (RUHS)
- E-books for Common Core to College and Career (RUHS)
- WEB-Where Everyone Belongs at Middle School (Parras)